Genicular artery embolization is a safe, effective and minimally-invasive procedure to reduce knee pain for patients with osteoarthritis.
While the procedure does not cure osteoarthritis, genicular artery embolization procedures help patients improve their quality of life, reduce the use of opioids and other pain-killers, and avoid pain management injections or physical therapy.
Signs and Symptoms of GAE:
- Osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee
- Degenerative Joint Disease (DJD)
- Pain in one or both knees
- Pain in your knees when walking up stairs
- Stiffness in your knees when you wake up
- Persistent usage-related knee pain
- Failed or diminishing relief from conservative treatment – i.e. Physical therapy, joint injections